Title

The Pemaquid peninsula runs from Damariscotta down to the famous light at Pemaqu

Authors

Tom Davis

Source

Down East

Date

3-1-1994

Pages

41-47, 76

Abstract

The Pemaquid peninsula runs from Damariscotta down to the famous light at Pemaquid, and is home to such villages as New Harbor and Christmas Cove. Early European visitors to the peninsula include Samuel Champlain in 1605, Captain George Weymouth that same year, Sir John Popham in 1607 and Captain John Smith in 1614. Details.

Subjects

Pemaquid (Peninsula)

Full text is not available here. Please contact the Library for a copy of the article.

Share

COinS