Title

In the latter part of the 19th century, the town of Elmore had some 200 resident

Authors

George Carey

Source

Down East

Date

3-1-1994

Pages

56-57, 81-82

Abstract

In the latter part of the 19th century, the town of Elmore had some 200 residents, a school, a dance hall, two general stores and a ship's chandlery. The year-round population shrank to less than 100 by 1918, the year the last sale was registered in the one remaining store. Today the town no longer exists.

Subjects

Elmore

Full text is not available here. Please contact the Library for a copy of the article.

Share

COinS