Title

Portland's Gothic House was built by Scottish-born architect Henry Rowe in 1845,

Source

Down East

Date

2-1-1995

Pages

45-47

Abstract

Portland's Gothic House was built by Scottish-born architect Henry Rowe in 1845, one of many Gothic-Revival edifices Rowe designed in Portland. Urban renewal in the early 1970s threatened the structure, and Greater Portland Landmarks saved the building by moving it from its original location on Spring Street to a new location nearly a mile away and on the other side of the street.

Subjects

Historic buildings Portland Gothic House

Full text is not available here. Please contact the Library for a copy of the article.

Share

COinS