Title

The boats of the Maine Island Ferry Service are the lifelines of six Maine islan

Authors

Source

Island Journal

Date

1984

Volume Number

Volume 1

Pages

41

Abstract

The boats of the Maine Island Ferry Service are the lifelines of six Maine islands, but virtually everything they do is subject to controversy. With many boats filled to capacity, the service is accepting bids on a new 166-foot boat and will build new crew quarters. Users now pay 45 percent of operational expenses, with the state paying the remaining 55%.

Subjects

Ferries, Maine Island Ferry Service

Full text is not available here. Please contact the Library for a copy of the article.

Share

COinS