"Capitol Update" piece on the reaction of the Legislature's transportation commi
"Capitol Update" piece on the reaction of the Legislature's transportation committee to the use of the highway fund to pay part of the salary of a State Police Crime Lab forensic chemist. The position is critical but some members of the committee object to using the highway fund to pay for something other than highway-related requests. There is currently a cost sharing agreement in place that has the highway fund pay 49% of state police officers and support personnel. The remaining 51% comes from the state general fund. In the end, the committee voted to fund the forensic chemist's position but will look for ways to prevent this kind of highway fund usage in the future.
Leary, Mal, ""Capitol Update" piece on the reaction of the Legislature's transportation commi" (2012). Maine News Index – MaineBiz. 5721.
Full text is not available here. Please contact the Library for a copy of the article.