A worker at the YWCA on Spring Street in Portland yesterday tipped over a drum o
A worker at the YWCA on Spring Street in Portland yesterday tipped over a drum of sodium hypochlorite, spilling around 1 1/2 gallons of the chemical and prompting an evacuation of the area around the building. David Fortin, 29, was hospitalized after suffering from fluid in the lungs due to chlorine-gas inhalation. Vehicles and pedestrians were banned for around five hours from Spring and Free streets near the Cumberland County Civic Center. Details.
Accidents, Hazardous substances, Young Women's Christian Association -- Portland
"A worker at the YWCA on Spring Street in Portland yesterday tipped over a drum o" (1994). Maine News Index – Portland Press Herald. 14490.
Full text is not available here. Please contact the Library for a copy of the article.