Title

The Perkins family has owned Kennebunkport's Perkins Tide-Mill, now called The O

Source

Salt

Date

12-1975

Pages

41

Abstract

The Perkins family has owned Kennebunkport's Perkins Tide-Mill, now called The Olde Grist Mill, for 226 years. Originally a refuge from the Indians, it ground corn for cooking and livestock until 1937, depending on the river's incoming tides to open the sluice gates and the outgoing tides to close them. Details; favorite ground corn recipes.

Subjects

Grist mills, Perkins family

Full text is not available here. Please contact the Library for a copy of the article.

Share

COinS