The Eagle Lake and West Branch line was established in 1926 to bring pulp from t
The Eagle Lake and West Branch line was established in 1926 to bring pulp from the Allagash to the West Branch of the Penobscot River, and ran from Eagle Lake to Umbazooksus Stream. Two engines from the rail line lie rusting in the woods on the shore of Eagle Lake, and many parts have been stolen from the trains since they were abandoned in the 1930s. The Allagash Alliance is trying to recover the stolen parts, and plans are underway to rebuild the railbed under the engines. Cianbro Corp. helped in the effort by lending $25,000 worth of jacks.
Weegar, Andrew K., "The Eagle Lake and West Branch line was established in 1926 to bring pulp from t" (1997). Maine News Index – Maine Times. 2207.
Full text is not available here. Please contact the Library for a copy of the article.