Harbor Defenses of Portland
Includes schematic drawings of batteries (1945), Maps of Peaks Island (1929-1935), Locations of Elements, among Casco Bay islands, and printed drawings of Battery 206 (1987).
Portland Evening Express and Frank Sleeper
"Gun Batteries At Peaks Traced to World War II," article by Frank Sleeper, published in the Portland Evening Express 10 Oct 1975.
Joel W. Eastman
Written/Compiled by Dr. Joel W. Eastman, University of Southern Maine.
- The Navy in Casco Bay During World War II.
- Portland Goes to War.
- South Portland Shipbuilding Corp., 1940 - 1945.
- World War II Harbor Defenses on Peaks Island.
- Fort Gorges.
- Ca. 1942 Supplement to 1928 Ordnance Inventory.
- Casco Bay During World War II : Recommended Reading.
Battery Steele Committee, Peaks Island
- The Peaks Island Military Reservation : 1942 - 1946. (leaflet, 1996)
- Battery Steele Public Meeting, 13 Jan 1993.
- Battery Steele Public Meeting, 10 Feb 1993.
- Vision Statement of the Ad-Hoc Committee on Battery Steele.
- Peaks Island Land Preserve leaflet, 1995, with description of Battery Steele.
Printing is not supported at the primary Gallery Thumbnail page. Please first navigate to a specific Image before printing.