Article on the town of Camden's village green, which was once the site of the Ba
Article on the town of Camden's village green, which was once the site of the Bay View House, a grand hotel that burned on the night of November 11, 1917. One year earlier, J. A. Duane of Waldoboro had purchased and renovated the landmark hotel, investing $24,000, and he renamed it The Elms. From its earliest days as Palmer's Tavern in the late 1700s, the hotel had offered food and shelter to Camden's visitors. Most patrons then arrived by sea to conduct shipping business or visit family members. With a brief history of the hotel and an account of the 1917 fire that destroyed it.
Camden, Hotels, taverns, etc Camden Bay View House, Duane, J A
Comiskey, Nancy, "Article on the town of Camden's village green, which was once the site of the Ba" (2002). Maine News Index - Down East Magazine. 1421.